Carvechi Technology is hiring a Vice President of Engineering, under the guidance of the CEO and President, is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision, developing the product roadmap and leading all aspects of the company‘s technology development, testing and commercialization The VP of Engineering plays an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth, positioning the company’s products and services offering as a leader in the healthcare industry.
Reports To: CEO and President
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the area of software development.
• Formulate and recommend operational policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
• Responsible for leadership, support and mentoring with the continued growth of a highly skilled engineering teams that work on all aspects of product and services development: design, architecture, development, unit testing, systesm integration and testing, etc..
• Define the company’s software development methodology and establish best-in-class software engineering processes.
• Work with Product Management, Program Managers and other leaders to understand and develop comprehensive new feature requirements and converts them into product deliverables.
• Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
• Collaborate with the company leaders and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s healthcare solutions.
• Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s IT solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
• Help identify technology trends and evolving IT industry behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
• Evaluate and identify appropriate technologies and platforms for delivering the company’s IT solutions.
• Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
• Plan and allocate project resources providing scheduling, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to deliver new features as committed (Quantity, Quality, Budget and Time).
• Drive results through inspired leadership utilizing industry best practices.
• Collaborate with other departments to assure a successful transfer of knowledge to develop other product components and successful organizational readiness.
• Recruit, select, develop, and motivate the team.
• Operate engineering accurately, transparently and within budget.
• Set a quality improvement path and promote change.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• 10+ years executive management experience at a medium to a large size company.
• Executive management as a head of software engineering at the startup desired.
• Experience building, growing and leading a software engineering team to architect, design, develop and deliver complex software engineering products.
• Experience developing, delivering and supporting packaged software as well as software that can be operated as a service (Saas). Operating experience with current software licensing practices, commercial and open-source.
• Thorough understanding of the state-of-the-art software development methodologies and processes.
• Experience establishing and operating remote and off-shore software development operations.
• Though not required, but highly desired is the experience developing and delivering healthcare applications directly to the service providers and/or large OEMs.
• Significant experience with large systems integration with software and hardware components provided by partners, 3rd parties, end customers, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of BS in computer engineering, software engineering or closely related discipline; MS or a Ph.D. preferred.
• Manager of complex software engineering groups; 10+ years directing large teams
• Background in mission critical work flow solutions software engineering using diverse technologies including Java, C++, open source, etc.
• Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to envision and architect IT technology solutions that meet consumer needs and/or solve business problems.
• Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience
• Forthright and a team player who is open to being a member of a high performance management team
• Ability to have effective two-way communication with management and development team
• Provide leadership and motivation to the development team via a dynamic, confident and professional demeanor
• Experience with startup companies is a plus
• Project Management/Time Management
• Technical and business acumen
• Deploy efficient software engineering processes
• Proficient at technology development and transfer
• Values customer care and passion for delivering great user experiences
• Demonstrated experience improving engineering practices through techniques such as Agile/Scrum
• A tried and true recruiting and interview process that’s helped create an effective team in the past
• Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
25% travel required in the Midwest region and nationally