Java Developer job opening based in Miami with Carvechi Technology. The position is on a 6 month contract basis. The Developer will have the following responsibilities:
– Collaborate with manager, external users and other developers to clarify and finalize requirements and produce corresponding functional specifications for general applications and infrastructure.
– Provide advice, best practices and guidance to clients in regards to achieving their goals
– Serve as the focal point of contact for all elements relating to assigned projects.
– Represent team and communicate project status during project reviews with management and project stakeholders.
– Work with other software developers to design and implement applications, using Java code, and enhancements as needed.
– Maintain and enhance applications on an ongoing basis per user/customer feedback.
– Ensure that unit and system tests are automated, per quality assurance requirements.
– Collaborate as necessary to define and implement regression test suites.
– Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business goals of application and environment.
– 5+ years of Java coding experience for technologies in a fast-paced environment
– Experience with JDK 1.4 and up, J2EE, EJB, Struts, Ant/Maven, XML, Web Services, MVC, and SQL
– Experience with IDE Eclipse desired
– Experience with TortoiseSVN desired
– Experience with RDBMS preferably Oracle and IBM-DB2, integrating databases in middle-tier application server architecture
– Experience in Retail domain, 360Commerce Framework, Oracle Retail Point of Sale (ORPOS), BackOffice or CentralOffice applications a plus
– Excellent object oriented software systems design skills and architectural skills
– Proficiency in Objective C, Cocoa, iPhone SDK /Interface Builder, Mac OS is a plus
– Flexibility and willingness to pitch in where needed. This may mean on occasion helping with other functions (e.g. QA, Operations)
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
– Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
– Masters of Science or Bachelors of Science with 5 years experience in Computer Science or related field.