Cisco Network Admin position with Carvechi Technology based in Austin, TX. The selected candidate will perform the following functions:
1. Coordinate setup, support, maintenance and trouble-shooting of stand alone and networked computers, software, and peripherals.
2. Break/fix and new installation/configurations as required
3. Implement server updates, patches, configuration changes, and backups.
4. Support and maintain network security by adding, removing, or updating user account information.
5. Train end users in the proper use of hardware, software, and network applications.
6. Act as a technical resource for end users by providing assistance or advice; and recommending or performing corrective actions when necessary to resolve user issues.
7. Recommend and assist in implementing changes that will improve IT capabilities.
8. Other functions as necessary.
The following are key requirements:
1. Ability to converse effectively in English
2. Experience working in a Data Center.
3. Knowledge of commonly-used IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
4. Demonstrated hands-on experience with all aspects of Microsoft Windows Servers, Operating Systems, and Networks.
5. Experience with Microsoft.
6. Experience with Electronic Data Interconnects.
7. Extensive computer hardware / software knowledge.
8. Proper time management skills and the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written & verbal.
10. Ability to lift & carry computer equipment.
11. Professional and positive attitude.
12. Creative thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
13. Ability to multi-task and carry out IT projects with proper attention to detail.
14. Capable of responding quickly to changing priorities.
Certifications & Technical skills desired:
A + Certification
Network + Certification
Cisco routing and Switching
Dell SonicWALL CSSA
MCSA / MCP Certification
Experience with Office 365 cloud solutions
Experience with MACs a plus
Network Admin: 5 years